Sunday 9 February 2014

Old Quebec City, Photo Art Friday on Sunday

The summer of 2010, on a summer break from school, I flew out to Montreal where my sister and brother-in-law were living at the time for what turned out to be my most enjoyable vacation ever. Our first adventure was a day trip to Quebec City to take in the historic sites of Old Quebec City. As I was thinking about this months prompt for Photo Art Friday, I remembered the abundance of geometric shapes and angular lines of many of the buildings we saw there, and so, I have put together a little show of a few of my photos from that day.  
The prompt that Bonnie gave us for this edition is Graphic/Geometric/Angular.

 This was taken at Place Royale in the Lower City.
I used a simple watercolour filter as well as some basic adjustments to brightness and contrast.

 This red door along the Rue du Petit-Champlain in the Lower City is one of my favourite shots from that day. This piece uses a Giger Fine Art filter.

 One final shot from the Lower City is also from Place Royale, a magnificent open square with cobblestones and a small cathedral across the square.
I used a watercolour filter and Bonnie's pdpa "Age It" texture.

 Back up on top of the citadel this building on a corner captivated  my attention. I used a Metropolis preset and Bonnie's pdpa Etched in Stone texture. I also took this into picMonkey and used a number of effects that I did not write down - one was a Warhol effect.

 Chateau Frontenac with Bonnie's pdpa "Yesteryear psd" texture and basic edits.

Finally the clock tower portion of the Ministry of Finance building with a Paper Cutouts filter and pdpa "Antique Me" in difference blend mode.

Collage of original images.

That's it for now . . . I hope to share some of the rest of that memorable vacation in the coming weeks. I am linking up quite literally at the last minute with Bonnie at Pixel Dust Photo Art.  I actually linked my post and then came back to do some finishing touches just to make sure I wasn't too late.

Pixel Dust Photo Art

12 comments:

  1. I feel so inspired to try out the watercolour filter having watched your fascinating shots! They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, you have done so much! Love how the flowers turned out in the first image. And the last one with the clock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Andrea! I'm sure I have walked passed all of these places and love the sense of familiarity I found in them. Love, love, love the clock tower and that gorgeous red door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Andrea, these are all just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pieces of art. I love the watercolor look. Such interesting buildings. I really like #1, 2 and the last one very much. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
    ― Pablo Picasso

    Your creations have done the same for these grand old structures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Brings back great memories of Quebec City. I think the third one is my favourite - a lovely scene and such a soft, pretty effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous, Andrea. I love that red door and the clock tower. The watercolour filter softens the old buildings and makes for a romantic look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous collection, Andrea! You really have an eye for which filters and textures work well together. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all look like wonderful paintings. Very nice. Love the watercolor effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your posting this very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.