I am thankful for a pair of shoes that feel really good on my feet. I like my shoes.
I am thankful for the birds; I feel like they are singing just for me when I get up in the morning, saying 'Good morning, John, you made it, John'.
I am thankful for the sea breeze that feels so good right now, and the scent of jasmine when the sun starts going down.
Whether you are famous or unknown, young or old, rich or poor, gratitude is an attitude that can be cultivated by all and it bears a rich harvest of joy, peace and perspective. Carrying on with the counting . . .
797. Bullfrogs croaking in the cool morning air
798. Rain pelting loudly on skylight windows . . . being safely tucked inside
799. A big sleepy dog that sticks close to me all evening and night
802. The park in spring . . . thousands of bulbs arrayed in glorious garb
pond went off on a grand adventure
Remind Me Who I Am by Jason Gray805. Things that just make you smile . . . a young lady crossing the street on a shiny, girly scooter, wearing
tights with slashes in them and carrying a pink and silver purse.
806. Snuggly kittens lapping up the love . . . the lessons they teach you.
807. Checking the mail and finding this . . .
of the kingdom.
809. Singing in the car at the top of my lungs
810. Bags of "Free Kale" at church . . . making some kale chips tonight
812. Teenage girls standing in the rain, face up and arms outstretched