Saturday 7 April 2012

SHS Photo Challenge 26

Wishing a happy Easter to all my fellow scavenger hunters . . . 

"Do not abandon yourselves to despair. 
We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song."
~ Pope John Paul II


I really enjoyed this week's prompts . . . lots of fun to work with. 
We were looking for New, Life, Fragrant, Pink and Obvious

1.  New
 After attending Good Friday Service the girls and I went to Crescent beach where we made a new friend.  This kitty was hanging out were we parked and was so friendly.  We gave him some attention and then went for lunch . . . fish & chips . . . at the beach.  Yum!  After we spent some time walking along the shore and taking pictures we headed back to the van.  As soon as the cat saw us, it jumped down off the fence, came right up to us, and . . . 
 flopped down for a belly scratch.    What a sweet fella!

2.  Life
 Clematis vines are bursting with new life from what looked like a tangles mass of dead twigs.

3.  Fragrant
 Hyacinth  . . . beautiful flowers, enchanting fragrance.

4.  Pink
Perfect prompt for this week . . . all these lovely pink blossoms opening up all over the place.


5.  Obvious
One does not need to be inside my house very long before it becomes obvious that my favourite colour is green.


Do wander over to Ashley's Ramblings & Photos to check out the other entries . . . great prompts this week and I anticipate some gorgeous shots.


26 comments:

  1. you have some very pretty green in your home. love the vases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your life shot...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that on your life shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome shots! What a great new friend! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely set! Your life shot really speaks to me! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your life shot!! Also, your 'obvious' photo! Fun pieces for your home!
    And...Hyacinth is quite the fragrant flower!! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your collections of vases. Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hyacinth's - such a lovely fragrance.
    Great set of shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots. Pink and fragrant are wonderful. Like your new friend. Fun. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shots and your new friend is gorgeous. Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fragrant shot. Such a deep pink color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Set - All were very nice. These 2 were my favorites.
    Life - This is wonderful, I love Clematis and yes it is amazing to see the new life spring from dead looking twigs.
    New - Oh I am a sucker for kitty's and that one looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the sweet kitty! What a beautiful color he is. I love your green vases.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Andrea Dawn,

    How lovely your day. I felt like I was walking along with you and enjoying the kitten, eating fish and chips and skipping in the sunshine.

    Someday I may really do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know, if you are ever out this way, we will go to the beach and skip in the sunshine.

      Delete
  15. Great shots - love New and that sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would love a visit with tea to see all the beauty spots your heart has set up around your home... lovely photos my friend.
    I love the Hallelujah quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of tea would you like? Welcome any time, Susan.

      Delete
  17. Love your new little friend - very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful kitty!!!!! And sounds like it was a wonderful day out, too! LOVE your green arrangement!!!! And nothing like seeing that new sign of life as the old vines push out that new green. Spring is just great, isn't it????

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun set of photos. I love the kitty and the Life photos a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great choices for the Scavenger Hunt!
    My favorite is New - lovely kitty!
    Happy Easter!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the artistic look of the clematis....such a great shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry I misspelled. Anyhow love your display of vases, three green and one blue. Perfect. And those shots of the kitty are lovely. Great photos Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice set! Love the cat pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.