Wednesday 13 July 2011

The First Scripture

Canterbury Bells

Nature was the first Scripture . . . 
to be out in nature is to be near God.    
~John O’Donohue   





While I could easily write about how these photos delight me, speak to me, move me  . . . the wonder, was in the being there.

I had to be there in person, out in nature, to capture the images and thus, was near to God.  Not just by faith, but in a literal, tangible sense.

When I am having a hard time connecting with God, I head for the hills . . .  or the lake or a park . . . and without fail He meets me.  When I come away from all that is man-made . . . the things, the noise, the busy-ness . . . and soak up the granduer of His handiwork, I find Him. 

Or He finds me, and I am humbled.  Humbled, that surrounded by countless masterpieces created by the greatest artist of time and eternity, He calls MY name and His eyes are on ME.

"Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away! 
O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the cliff,
Let me see your countenance, let me hear your voice;               
                           for your voice is sweet, and your countenance is lovely."                    
Song of Solomon 2:13a,14

1 comment:

  1. Andrea! That is exactly so! You have captured the thoughts of my heart as well! Your message and photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.