Friday 23 January 2015

Prisoners of Hope

Well after a long season of silence on this site, I have something to say . . .

I was so sad when Bonnie shut down the Photo Art Friday gallery over at Pixel Dust Photo Art and have hardly posted anything in the last many months.  One of the many artists who regularly shared their photo art at Bonnie's was a lovely lady name Cherie Froelich and this week I got an email inviting me to join her as she picks up the torch and hosts her own Photo Art Thursday link-up.

It was kind of short notice but I had just been working on a piece inspired by Pastor Sam's sermon this past Sunday and am delighted to share it with you all.


It has been quite some time that I have struggled with various issues one after the other, that always felt like I had to let go of one more thing that was now too difficult to do. The challenge to repeatedly adjust to new circumstances and yet remain hopeful was ever before me. Gradually things have shifted . . . mobility increasing, doors opening, confidence growing, creative juices flowing again.
I am so grateful for all that is being restored to me.

"Shout and cheer, Daughter Zion! Raise the roof, Daughter Jerusalem!
Your king is coming! A good king who makes all things right, a humble king . . .
And you, because of My blood covenant with you, I'll release your prisoners from their hopeless cells.
 Come home, hope-filled prisoners! 
This very day I'm declaring a double bonus, everything you lost returned twice-over."
Zechariah 9:9,12 (The Message Bible)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Shout and cheer daughter Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back to this blog Andrea - great image and strong words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this comment posts. I have left so many comments on your sites and they just disappear. This time I am going to copy before I click publish and if it doesn't post to the site, I will send it to you via e-mail. Anyway, I LOVE this beautiful photo art and its verse. It is something I want to share with my First Place 4 Health sisters because our session is all about laying down our strongholds with the power Who lives in us, the Holy Spirit. Your picture depicts a whole different way of looking at strongholds. A stronghold of hope is a positive and this is a new thought for me. I am happy you have a fellow photographer to carry the torch of beauty with you. I can't wait to see what unfolds. Todays sneak peak was incredible. Now I must copy this...just in case. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is indeed a powerful message full of hope~ LOOVE it
    God in your heart is beautiful in every way! You shine my dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea! Thanks so much for being brave and joining me! It might be a slow go to get the word out to others, but I have SO missed enjoying everyone's photography and art! This is beautiful. I absolutely love the watercolor effect. The scripture is perfect for what you describe, clinging to God as your stronghold and allowing Him to fight for you! Blessings!! {and Thanks for the shout out!!}

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. I hope to be back participating too but have been to sick this past week to do much of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Andrea! I cannot tell you how timely and helpful this post is...Dealing with major health issues and the massive changes they require along with the accompanying insomnia that devours me from the inside out. Dealing with people when I am so diminished brings what feels like daily defeats...But, I am a prisoner of hope! This precious promise is exactly the banner I needed to look to my Lord Who watches over His Word to bring it to pass!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.