Monday 15 August 2011

Paper Cuts


I pick it up, this Book of pages
as I read, my soul engages
with the One who wrote the words.


I cried to You, for help, O LORD
and this is what you bring, a sword . . .
cutting, discerning thoughts and intents


I read a prayer, a David psalm
and what he writes is healing balm,
ointment poured on open wounds.


The Ancient Words have done their work
and found the pain and fear that lurk
within my cold and lonely heart.


Spirit words, so old yet new
found me, showed me what to do
and now . . .  I kneel . . . and worship.


© Andrea Dawn Olsen - 15 August 2011     
   
                                                                                                    

4 comments:

  1. Andrea Dawn, this poem, “Paper Cuts” sings the beauty and efficacy of the Word.

    “I read a prayer, a David psalm
    and what he writes is healing balm,
    ointment poured on open wounds.”

    Love this new hymn of praise that speaks straight to the heart, reflecting like a calm lake’s surface, the transforming power of Holy Writ. Beautifully sung… and amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Debra.

    I read Psalm 71 yesterday morning and was "found" and worshipped. It was the most interesting thing because I could feel the words forming in my mouth and I just started saying them and writing them down. Ten minutes and the poem was finished.

    I wrote a fair bit of poetry as a child, but virtually nothing for the last 40 years until last month. I feel like something has been returned that was stolen many years ago.

    Oh, for a thousand tongues to sing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely... perfect... God is so good to bring such abundant life in and through his beloved people... spoke such peace and strength to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. had to visit this wonderful poem again... may God be all strength for you tonight

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.