Friday 25 November 2011

5 Minute Friday - Grateful

It's been a few weeks, but this Friday I am joining Lisa Jo, the Gypsy Mama to write for a few minutes on her prompt "Grateful".  Click the link below to get the "rules" to play along.




Ready . . . GO!

Grateful.
I have so much to be grateful for and wonder  . . . can I possibly say what I want to in just 5 minutes.

Two weeks ago I had a total knee replacement . . . a procedure that will undoubtedly change my life for the better.  The leadup to the surgery was frought with fears of spinals and catheters, injections and staples and  . . . pain.  How pleasantly surprised I was to find the majority of the things I feared did not materialize.  Oh how gracious my Father has been to me.  Attended by nurses named "Joy" and "Grace", a medical team that displayed deep compassion and patience with people in great pain.  




And my daughter . . . what a gift she is to me . . . tending to me so sweetly.  I live in a suite in her home and she slips in and out throughout the day to check on me, making meals, driving me to appointments, bringing another ice pack, holding me close when the tears spill over.  

My girl . . . so grateful for you, your love, your generosity, your encouragement. I love you.

Stop!

2 comments:

  1. my beautiful Andrea Dawn... your heart is so full!
    continuing in prayer for you
    I am so Grateful for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, Andrea! If you hadn't of, I, most likely would not have found yours! And what a beautiful blog you have! I rejoice with you in all that the Lord has done for you through your surgery. What a wonderful God we serve! Have a blessed Christmas season!

    All My Love,
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.