Sunday 20 November 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday Photo Challenge 8

Yay . . . it is show and tell time.  Once again I am dipping into the archives for all but one of my shots.  I have been home from the hospital for 6 days now and have had my ups and downs but am definitely improving.  Big thank you's to all who have kept me in prayer.  I am really looking forward to the time I can get around a little easier with my camera and get those awesome fresh shots.  My around the home shot is new from yesterday and is certainly a stretch but I had to fit it in somewhere. 

To get the lowdown on the rules, hop on over to Ashley Sisk's Ramblings & Photos . . . 



This week's clues were:
 (1) Mostly one colour, (2) Around the Home, (3) Reflection, (4) Writing and (5) Water


1.  Mostly One Colour
This shot was taken summer of 2010 at Upper Canada Village in Morrisburg, Ontario.  The site is home to an authentic 1860's historical village along the Saint Lawrence River.  These are bags of flour stacked in the flour mill.

2.  Around the Home
This Great Blue Heron is something I would not normally see "around the home", but as I was standing at the kitchen sink yesterday, I looked up and there, perched on my neighbour's roof barely 10 feet from my window, was this magnificent creature.  He appears to be missing his right leg and I was greatly encouraged by his visit.  If he can get along with only one leg, I can wait patiently for my healing to come.


3.  Reflection
Duck in shallow water at Surrey Lake Park, one of my favourite hang outs.

4.  Writing
This is a photo of an airmail letter sent from Holland by my grandfather, Lawrence Hawkenson to my grandmother Blanche and her kids.  The date . . . 25 September 1944.  He was a sapper with the 9th Canadian Field Squadron, WW2.

5.  Water
I love this sunset silhouette of three girls in the water's edge at Crescent Beach.

Thanks for letting me play along even though I can't get many fresh shots right now.  It is such a pleasure to connect with you all this way.  Now to link up and check out the other submissions.  

Next weeks clues:
  1. Waiting
  2. Foliage
  3. Candid
  4. Knife, Fork or Spoon
  5. Rules of Thirds

15 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful heron shot. Absolutely stunning. I also love your water shot. Great set this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Great Blue Heron...wow what a photo. Love your water shot too. Can't wait to see what you find next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a whole lot of flour! your silhouette is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots, Andrea. And that letter - what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your photographs!
    The Great Blue Heron is wonderful, but I think my favorite must be the Girls at the Water's Edge. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.
    God bless you and keep you
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful photos, particularly like your 3 girls at the edge of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done - something about your first and last shot that I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep going back to the flour bags! what a perfect shot! 'So' one colour!
    All the rest are wonderful moments captured... God is so good to give them and then give us a way to share them! Love it!
    Hope you are 'weller' today dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are awesome...love the reflections & water...actually all of them. You have a good eye for picking out the composition...

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to have a letter from the past! Your mainly one color is my favorite, but they are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely silhouette shot and what a capture of the heron! Those two are my favorites from your set this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely finds. I like them all so much, but the first one is unique beyond all. So glad to read you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your around the home shot is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Andrea Dawn,

    I've been by here several times. I love the flour sacks against the white background and the old letter. How fabulous! Are you "weller"?

    Oh, and I have never seen a heron that close and I used to go to some wetlands near where I used to live all the time. That must have been such a wonderful moment.

    Good-night, Dear Lady,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Dawn and Susan . . . I am somewhat "weller" . . . Had my staples out today as well as my first physiotherapy session. Still trying to train my brain to believe that the pain of exercise is helping not hurting me.

    I saw a pair of blue herons flying over the field on the way home from physio and the one landed right beside the road, again not more than a few feet from me. The traffic was crawling so I got a good look but wasn't able to get the shot this time. I got one of him flying but not standing roadside as traffic started moving again.

    I really want to "get the message" here . . . blue herons visiting me twice in just a few days.

    Love to you both, Andrea Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.