On this day of linking with Ann Voskamp's Multitudes on Mondays, I begin with this hymn from long ago that speaks my heart so perfectly today.
O love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in Thee;
I give Thee back the life I owe,
That in Thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.
O light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to Thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in Thy sunshine's blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.
O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to Thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.
O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life's glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.
. . . and the counting continues . . .
537. Peace that passes understanding
538. Prayers and phone calls to encourage me
539. I am in Your hands
540. A final full body shower
541. Call from the grandgirlies on the way to the hospital
542. Their sweet voices reading me scripture
543. All my fears unfounded
544. Warm air "bear hug" during surgery
545. Attended by surgical nurse named "Joy"
546. Finally something to eat
547. Shannon and Alison come visiting . . . with Toffee Nut Latte from Starbucks
548. Sister Martha drops in with flowers and a lovely card
549. The wonderful nurses of 2 North . . . Susan, Renee, Shannon, Grace and Katie
550. Doing what seems impossible
551. Going home to my own bed
552. My daughter's fridge that spits out crushed ice . . . the perfect ice pack
553. A great night's sleep
554. Unfailing kindness
555. Grace for the hard days
556. The kitten who snagged my sock right off my foot. (They are called Pillow Paws, so maybe she thought she should have them.)
557. Peppermint oil to soothe a headache
558. Sun streaming glorious through lacy curtains
559. This post that refers to that post that reminds me all over again how graciously You walked my family through this heart-wrenching time.
560. Granddaughter asking "Grandma, will you be able to run again?"
561. A comfortable position
562. My dear cyber-friend celebrating a birthday milestone . . . Happy 60th Birthday, Dawn!