Though my posts have been few and far between the month of November and now on into December, my heart has been full of gratitude for the many dear friends who have carried me in their hearts and prayers while I had surgery to replace my right knee. The recovery has been unlike anything I had anticipated and I have been quite surprised to be so low on energy on so many levels . . . physically, emotionally, mentally . . . so much so that I thought I might be slipping into depression. Dear Susan, who has recently had her own journey through surgery, has been most encouraging and has shared her timelines for several recovery issues that give me hope for better days.
During these days of recuperation I have been honoured to receive sweet recognition for both of my blogs . . . this one, The Art of Life and WORD Pictures.
A precious mama of 7, T. from A Seed Inspired nominated this blog, "The Art of Life" for the Leibster Blog Award. T. is passionate in her pursuit of receiving all that God has prepared for her and her family and endeavours to instill generosity and selfless attitudes in the hearts of her children.
My second nomination, for WORD Pictures, came from Susan, The Fisherlady at My Favourite Things. Her poetry is exquisite and invites you into her most intimate conversations with her beloved Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit. She is a truly gifted artist on so many levels . . . the written word, photography and her drawings are so amazingly detailed and life-like.
Here are the rules for the Leibster Award:
1. Show your thanks to the blogger that nominated you
2. Reveal your top picks and let them know
3. Post the award on your blog
4. Bask in the love and support in blogsphere
5. And best of all . . . have fun and share it too.
This award is given to bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers all in the spirit of fostering new connections. Liebster is German and means 'dearest' or 'beloved' but it can mean favourite.
Since I can only choose 5, I wish to acknowledge the five following blogs for their diverse styles of blogging. They are unique with what they share and contribute to the world of blogging. I have several people who I would have nominated if they had not already received this award (Dawn, Susan, T.) but in order to keep the love and encouragement flowing I will not duplicate the nominations.
In no particular order, it is my privilege to announce my selections for this award:
1. Rosie at LeaveNBloom Photography . . . she specializes in fine art florals and one of my favourite features is her weekly "Highlighting the Promises of God" posts.
2. Ken at Ken Trails . . . fairly new to the blogoshere but a world traveler who delights in photographing, researching and documenting the history of the places he travels to.
3. Linda at Your Word Weaver . . . this woman truly has a way with poetry and shares my love of all things avian.
4. Cedar at Cedar's Photography . . . another photography blogger that I discovered through Ashley Sisk's Scavenger Hunt Sunday Photography Challenge. I always enjoy her interpretations and she is a great encourager. Her faith shines in her words and her photos. She also has a second blog, Joyful Mama Gives In.
5. Jamie at Six Bricks High . . . a woman whose goal is to be a wise builder of her home and family, a regular participant in the Gypsy Mama's 5 Minute Friday writing challenge and linking with Ann Voskamp for Multitudes on Mondays.