Monday 23 January 2012

Grace Notes - Counting the Gifts 651-666

The unthankful heart . . . discovers no mercies;
but let the thankful heart sweep through the day
and as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find
in every hour, some heavenly blessings!
~ Henry Ward Beecher



651.  Snow . . . not my favourite but so many of my dear ones have been longing for it
652.  Stephanie's prayer, my daughter's friend with cerebral palsy asking if she could say grace, naming me as a new friend
653.  Trying a new recipe, Parsnip Ginger Leek Soup . . . healthy and delicious
654.  An obedient kitten
655.  Rallying around a blogging friend as she walks a hard road
656.  Remembering Your faithfulness in the past
657.  Trusting You for the future
658.  Lost things found . . . my Daily Light devotional
659.  Gracie snuggling on my tummy as I elevate my leg
660.  One soft brown paw reaching up to touch my hand
661.  A healing prayer from ages past
662.  Pippa and Leighton's christening, my great niece and nephew
663.  Taking pictures for their grandma in Montreal
 



664.  First time to church since my surgery
665.  Standing longer, getting stronger
666.  You delight in mercy . . .
          "Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity 
           and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage?
           He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy.  
           He will again have compassion on us and will subdue our iniquities.
           You will cast all our sins into the depth of the sea.
           You will give truth to Jacob and mercy to Abraham,
           Which You have sworn to our fathers from days of old.
Micah 7:18-20

Linking with . . .

8 comments:

  1. I just loved your post, Andrea Dawn! Just as precious and sweet and blessed as can be. But what struck me most was your passage of Scripture at the end. A flood of memories came back to me --- standing as a kid in church, hearing that big pipe organ playing, and being nexted to my Dad as he sang base --- to this song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWjD9UJFgk

    The chorus has such a rich base part and he loved to sing it. I haven't heard it since my childhood, but the words are taken straight from these verses. Thought you might like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cora . . . I love that it brought sweet memories to you. I have never heard that song before but I really enjoyed it

      Delete
  2. Andrea your quote from ~ Henry Ward Beecher~ indeed shows your heart and we are so thankful to always come here and find how you have gathered from His blessings to you and unveiled them to us! Your photos are touching and my prayers will be with that family as they raise their dear ones. The bleack and white photo looks like it could be a half century ago... love it. The Grandma in Montreal will love them.
    And Cora, I sang along with the song listening as I went to your dad's base line and it brought me close to your growing up days. Thanks for sharing that!

    Our Heavenly Father is a Faithful One and His Word will endure forever... Praise be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susan. I love the black and white photo too. I was having a few camera issues that day so many of them were coming out quite blurry, but that one was so much better when I changed it to black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea Dawn,

    popped over from Craig's...

    beautiful, precious babies! oh that black and white pic of that baby girl! a little misty-eyed at the parents' offering unto God.

    the soup sounds good too!

    blessings,

    Nacole

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness how precious are those pictures.
    wonderful.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images and wonderful gratitudes. I missed your post last week and just discovered it via another blog.
    Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.