Sunday 1 January 2012

Memories, Dreams and Reflections 2011

On of the most delightful things I have done this year is to participate in the weekly photo challenge called Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  I have had so much fun and learned a lot as well.  Last year, our hostess for SHS, Ashley Sisk launched Memories, Dreams and Reflections as a way to share some of our favourite photos from the previous year and she is running it again this year.  She made the announcement and provided the prompts many weeks ago but I was a little slow getting started.  Finally ready to go,  here it is . . . 


1.  Me
This is me in March of 2011 reading a chapter from The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood to my granddaughters.  The thing I am most proud of accomplishing in 2011 is spending a month in Ontario helping with my older 4 granddaughters while the newest little one fought for her life in the hospital.  Despite waiting for knee replacement surgery, I and the other grandma held down the fort so my son and his wife could be with the wee one.  It was both a leap of faith (financially) and a labour of love.  
Photo taken by my daughter-in-law.

2.  I Love You
Gracie, my love . . . you have been such a delight to me this past year.

3.  Still Laughing
Meet Zack . . . my daughter's cat.  A most unusual cat.  He loves to lay flat on his back with his legs spread wide apart.  I was sitting on the couch and he jumped up and flopped over and gave me the "scratch my belly" look.  He still will randomly flopped on the floor and turn belly up . . . cracks me up every time.

4.  Winter Wonderland
Rabbit tracks in the snow in Ontario.

5. Birthday
I made this softie bear for #4 granddaughter and sent this collage card along with it.

6.  Friends
My daughter Shannon and her boss are best friends.  We took a little day trip this summer to Shannon Falls and Alison was totally tickled because Shannon had attached a monopod to her wheelchair and for the first time ever she was able to take her own pictures.  

7.  I Was Inspired


I shot this sequence in Revelstoke while visiting my father this summer.  They were the inspiration for this post at my WORD Pictures blog.

8. Spring Fever
These gorgeous tulips grew to over 3 feet tall.  The quintessential symbol of spring.

These Canterbury Bells were a spring surprise in my daughter's yard. Aren't they lovely?

9.  Travel or Vacation
A day trip to Vancouver Island included a visit to Fort Rodd Hill and the Fisgard Lighthouse.

10.  Summer Days


Who needs words?
  
11.  A Day in My Life
My day typically begins with a freshly brewed beverage.

12.  All Smiles
This photo always makes me smile . . . oldest kissing baby sister.

13.  Autumn/Harvest 
I love the different textures in this shot . . . the geometric lines of the brick background and the random patchiness of the tree bark.

14.  Family or Home  



15.  Celebrate 
My son was able to be in town for Mother's Day and he brought me these 5 tulips from my granddaughters.

16.  Let's Do It Again
I had such fun playing playdough with my girlies during the month in Ontario.  I would love to do it again.

17.  I Miss You
This is my sister meeting her new granddaughter Pippa. 
 She lives in Montreal now and I miss her a lot.

18.  Beautiful
My beautiful girlie #3 . . . she was printing and drawing in her journal and the light from the window was just perfect.  I couldn't choose just one so made the following collage as well.


19.  Dress Up

 20.  Macro



 21.  Holidays
My daughter's beautiful tree.

22.  My Favourite
My favourite photo and memory is meeting my newest granddaughter. Three weeks after I arrived in Ontario, she was finally well enough to come home and my dream of holding her in my arms came true.  My daughter-in-law took this photo.

23.  Don't Ever Change
My precious daughter, Shannon.  What a treasure you are.  
Your generosity to so many in so many ways is a thing of beauty.
 Thank you for all your help through my surgery and recovery.

24.  Just Because . . . So There!





Can you tell I love to photograph birds?  Such beauty and diversity in their features.  And there is just something about the thrill of getting the shot when the subject can be gone in a flutter of wings.

25.  Hopes and Dreams
As 2011 slips into the past I am still recovering from knee surgery and struggling to get a good bend.  This photo aptly illustrates my dream for 2012 . . . to walk forward with childlike faith into the future, hand in hand with the One who is closer than a brother.

"For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power by His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and height and length and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.  Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus, to all generations, forever and ever.  Amen.  Ephesians 3:14-21

Happy New Year, one and all!

Click the button link below to check out the other entries in this gallery of Memories, Dreams and Reflections.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful set and thanks so much for joining. Your inspired photos are especially adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dear Andrea Dawn... again the beauty of your heart poured forth... God is so good to have blessed your 2011 and I pray in 2012 that He grants you in His mercy great strength and healing that you will be able to run and not be weary, walk and not faint...
    Blessings and our love
    Susan for the van Dijks

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful journey in photo art you just shared.
    I just love those flower shots..
    the one of girlie#3 writing in her journal.. you are right perfect lighting indeed.
    the baby with her fingers all pointy is just dee-lish too!
    Love it.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your entire set --- the birds are just amazing and all the child shots were so great too --- thank you for sharing and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Andrea Dawn,

    The Lord's hand in my blog experience is just so tangible. Your photo journey brought this fact home to me in a big way. Before I knew you, I knew your youngest granddaughter and had my church praying for her recovery. We talked about Ema with one M and Emma with 2 M's because we were praying for our oldest church member whose name was Emma.

    I had also seen pictures of your son and daughter-in-law through her sister's blog A Holy Experience. A Holy Experience was only the second blog I had ever read. Through my own blog, I came upon Susan's blog and I quickly began to follow her. I LOVED her poetry and she gave me permission to use her words in cards I make.

    Susan told me I might like your site and I went over to Word Pictures on her recommendation. I was overwhelmed with your command of Scripture and how you could use a camera to capture everyday life so beautifully. THEN, as we exchanged comments back and forth and with Susan, I began to understand that you were connected to the wonderful families I love and follow in Ontario.

    I follow less than 10 bloggers and half of you are connected intimately, indeed, you are family. I didn't get connected to any of you through another family member, just through reading others and finding the Lord speaking through you, liking it and following.

    Finding out at the end of the year that you are connected like you are to the rest of my favorite blog sites says to me that the hand of the Lord is leading me in building a community of faith online. This means everything to me. You are the Lord's gift to me and that is HUGE.

    I love you, sister,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. Absolutely LOVE this! Your photography is astounding. I hope I can one day be as talented! And your family... you life... it's just so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart... and for reaching out to mine. One day in heaven, remind me to sit down and tell you all about how you bless me, okay? (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some seriously fantastic photos here! Your macros are delicious! But the captures of your grandchildren are absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a beautiful family and I am so glad that your 5th grand daughter is all healthy now. Your nature shots are simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.