Monday 30 January 2012

Grace Notes - Counting the Gifts 667-684

“Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.”
~ John Milton

The counting to 1000 continues . . .
667.  Praying friends
668.  Knee bend is getting better, little by little
669.  Sunshine streaming through my kitchen window
670.  Old family photos
Maternal GrGrGreat Grandparents Freelove Horn and David Benjamin Taylor of Searcy County,  Arkansas
671.  Devotional from Craig arrived in the mail
672.  All things are upheld by the word of His power
673.  Favour with God, favour with man
674.  Short lineups
675.  Safety for my son while in Costa Rica
676.  Sharing a meal
677.  Long conversation by the fireplace
678.  The throne of grace to which we may boldly come . . . 
679.   . . . any time, any place
680.  Giving testimony to the goodness of God
681.  Friends that cheerfully drive me home
682.  A most delightful read . . . Havah . . . the story of Eve.
683.  Juicy citrus goodness . . . Texas red grapefruit
684.  The practice of gratitude being spoken of and encouraged even by those who don't know the One to whom all thanks is due . . . the Giver of every good and perfect gift.

(There is a back shot of a skinny-dipper jumping into the water . . .
 I don't find it offensive but wanted to give a heads-up . . . this is really quite beautifully done.)

Linking with Multitudes on Mondays . . .

8 comments:

  1. I stumbled on your blog this morning. I like the title of your blog :) Enjoyed my brief time here and "meeting" you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came knowing I would be blessed and I go away rejoicing in the simple art of 'Gratitude'... blessings to you dear friend. This has been a big hug to me this morning! Enough to pass around!
    Your gratitude list with photos has its own wonderful stories to tell...
    I know the video and was so encouraged to see it again...so very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that video is so inspiring. Thanks for your always encouraging words. Have another hug.

      Delete
  3. Dear Andrea Dawn,

    I'm off to work in the free medical clinic today, but I saw you had posted last night so I took a quick peek to get the high praises going and to thank the Lord for those He will care for today through the wonderful staff at St Anthony's Center. This includes yours truly who needs to do a bit of nursing for it is what I am called to do.

    I will save the video for this evening's quiet time!

    Rejoicing,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn... a high calling this what you are called to do... blessings and hugs

      Delete
    2. So important to do what we were made to do . . . hope your stint at St. Anthony's was satisfying to you . . . I know it was a blessing to those you reached out to.

      Delete
  4. Love that old photo - I hope your son enjoys Costa Rica...I hear it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by . . . appreciate your comments.